• 👋 Hey there! Want to buy Rybelsus (Oral Semaglutide) 3 mg, 7mg, or 14mg!? 💊💻🚚 Purchase it online now and get it delivered in just 14 days! 📦💨
  • 🥗 Want better results with Ozempic? Try our personalized meal plans for improved health and faster weight loss! Boost your treatment with balanced nutrition. 🌟🍽️ Check it out now at www.myhealthyweight.com.com! #MHW #Ozempic #HealthFirst #MealPlans

2nd week on Ozempic Question

C

Canadian Chick

Sep 18, 2022
I started Ozempic Sunday last week. I couldn’t tell if the needle went in so on the left side of my stomach I had 4 spots where I had poked. I finally did the injection on the right side and when I did I pushed down a bit because when I took the pen out I could see the indent of the pen and the needle bent a little.

That night when I had a bath I noticed on the left side where I did 4 pokes I had red dots. So the needle was going in without pushing.

It must have worked because my appetite was much less and I lost 10 pounds.

This week when I did the injection I did it in my stomach the left side. I didn’t really push down this time because I didn’t want to bend the needle. I pressed the button and after it clicked back to zero I counted to 30 and took it out. My skin had some liquid on it and so did the area around the needle.

Does that mean I didn’t get the dose?

Am I doing something wrong?

S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi Canadian Chick, welcome to the forum! :)

I think you did right the second time, and the liquid around the injection area appeared because it just went out after you pulled out the needle, maybe?

C

Canadian Chick

Sep 18, 2022

I think you did right the second time, and the liquid around the injection area appeared because it just went out after you pulled out the needle, maybe?

I’m sure I got the dose now as well. I was worried but I didn’t get an increased appetite during the week it stayed the same. I lost 3 pounds in the week.

So far since September 11th I am down 13.5 pounds.

This week when I did the injection I kinda pinched my skin up and before I injected I ending up poking myself so I did it over a little. I push down while doing it and after the click counted to 30. When I took it out there was 2 drops of blood from where I poked myself but no liquid. I’m getting better at it.

I have next week at 0.25 and then I go up to 0.5 hopefully with no side effects, the goal is to go to 2mg.

Reactions: Summer
S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
I’m sure I got the dose now as well. I was worried but I didn’t get an increased appetite during the week it stayed the same. I lost 3 pounds in the week.

So far since September 11th I am down 13.5 pounds.

This week when I did the injection I kinda pinched my skin up and before I injected I ending up poking myself so I did it over a little. I push down while doing it and after the click counted to 30. When I took it out there was 2 drops of blood from where I poked myself but no liquid. I’m getting better at it.

I have next week at 0.25 and then I go up to 0.5 hopefully with no side effects, the goal is to go to 2mg.
Hi Canadian Chick, congrats on your weight loss! It is a great feeling, isn't it?
I am sure you will achieve your goal, wish you no side effects at all. Just a little tip if I may: do not forget to develop new eating habits while using this medication, it will help you later when you are off injections. I can tell you from my experience - you will get used to a new diet plan little by little since the drug is supposed to eliminate hunger.

Please keep us updated, have a nice weekend!

J

Janet123

Dec 7, 2022
As an RN, I can tell you that you can do it right and you will not always see blood or liquid seeping out after the injection. Those two things have nothing to do with a proper injection…
if you see liquid after an injection, just cover it and press gently with an alcohol swab and pay it no attention. I wouldn’t pinch skin but just actually pull skin a bit tighter with one hand and poke, press, hold and remove With the other. It is really hard to get in wrong—in fact, I think they have made it pretty error proof!