• 👋 Hey there! Want to buy Rybelsus (Oral Semaglutide) 3 mg, 7mg, or 14mg!? 💊💻🚚 Purchase it online now and get it delivered in just 14 days! 📦💨
  • 🥗 Want better results with Ozempic? Try our personalized meal plans for improved health and faster weight loss! Boost your treatment with balanced nutrition. 🌟🍽️ Check it out now at www.myhealthyweight.com.com! #MHW #Ozempic #HealthFirst #MealPlans

On Ozempic for 3 Days and Can’t Eat

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
I’m a 65 year old male that’s moderately overweight, with a fairly high A1C…hovering around pre-diabetic and heart issues so the doc just put me on Ozempic .25 last Thursday to start. I have NO appetite. Talking to the wife it seems I’ve had a diet of cookies, candy, cake, Carmel popcorn, coke…you get the idea and I would “supplement“ with “real” food. Now…I have no desire to eat ANYTHING. The daughter fixed a birthday brunch today but all the stuff was food for the old me...all the sweet stuff plus bacon. I mostly ate the scrambled eggs and bacon and felt really bad she made so much and I couldn’t eat it. Shortly afterwards I had diarrhea.

I’ve read Ozempic takes a while to work but within a few hours my appetite was GONE. Anyone on here who had bad eating habits, no appetite and wondered if youre gonna pass out, when you finds started?

Edit: Decided to take advantage of this concierge doc and sent her a text. She texted back and said to order some Fairlife 30 gram protein shakes and let the pounds fall off without passing out ha. Amazon is gonna deliver a variety pack in the moring. Guess that will be my “lunch”. It’s got more protein than a filet mignon best I can tell so.

Last edited:
A

Amelia

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi Skyking, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Wow many dream of such an effect)) But you are right, even if you have zero appetite, you still need nutrients to feel OK and lead a normal life. Please keep us updated on how you feel after some time having these protein shakes. Have you absolutely no desire for food? Even the veggies?

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Hi Amelia! Yes…vegetables are actually appealing to me and I do crave them at times which is so bizarre. My next injection is today and after one week, I lost 9 pounds. I emailed the doctor and she wrote back saying it was “sugar“ is why I lost such a dramatic amount. I have no clue what that is but still I am quite happy.

I had a bowl of beef stew with veggies at my daughter’s last night with a biscuit and it ended up causing a bit of diarrhea and a short episode of vomiting. I guess the biscuit with butter on top and the fat from the beef stew caused the upset. That was a first. Heck, in the past if she had beef stew I really wouldn’t care because it wasn’t appetizing. I did eat an apple later in the evening and everything was fine.

Reactions: Amelia
S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Follow up…Down at Florida home for a few weeks and weighed on day 9..couple days ago. Another 5 pounds for a total of 14 in 9 days. Something really really huge is the swelling in my ankles…GONE.…like completely gone. My ankles look so skinny now I don’t see how they can support my weight! How the heck can that be? Medicine, sugar, less weight on ankles, already better blood or kidney flow?

So happy with the drug so far. From what I read the .25 dose is “non-therapeutic” but I’m guessing my diet was so bad…

Reactions: Raellen
S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Follow up…Down at Florida home for a few weeks and weighed on day 9..couple days ago. Another 5 pounds for a total of 14 in 9 days. Something really really huge is the swelling in my ankles…GONE.…like completely gone. My ankles look so skinny now I don’t see how they can support my weight! How the heck can that be? Medicine, sugar, less weight on ankles, already better blood or kidney flow?

So happy with the drug so far. From what I read the .25 dose is “non-therapeutic” but I’m guessing my diet was so bad…
Oh hello, Skyking! :D
Wow, I'm so happy for you! I know what excess weight is from my own experience...and bad diet, yeah been there too)) Speaking of ankles, you would be surprised how strong our body is, and mother nature figured it all out perfectly, so congrats on your weight loss! I think a little bit of both - medicine, sugar etc. made you feel better. Enjoy your new results and keep us updated, please.

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Sadly, it seems my weight loss has suddenly plateaued. Even after playing 27 holes of golf yesterday and only a protein shake and apple. Had grilled shrimp and veggies for dinner, handful of grapes watching the game last night and somehow gained .5 pounds, when I weighed this morning. And I took a laxative last evening that probably partially worked.

Think I’m gonna start weighing myself once a week. Losing 9 pounds the first week, 6 the second and now on pace to lose 0 this week eating the same healthy food…and little of it, Is kinda mystifying.

To show how the medicine reacts differently on people, the doc just put the wife on Ozempic, took her first dose when I took my 3rd on Thursday. She seems to snacks less but still eats kinda whatever it seems. At Outback last night, she ate some of the breadstick, had a couple of French fries off a friend’s plate, ate 2 lobster tails in butter and the like. I struggled to eat all my grilled shrimp and didn’t finish veggies. I’m wondering if it’s because my diet was so bad and her’s not so much. Soooo weird….

Last edited:
A

Amelia

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Dear Skyking,
A weight loss plateau is quite common after your first major results. Please bear in mind that the more extra weight you had the bigger the loss numbers were, now when your body is lighter, the weight loss ratio is the same in percentage, but different in pounds, got it?) I assume your calorie intake/burn stays the same? Your body simply cannot lose more because it has to balance to keep you active and all the body systems normal. Not to mention, the majority of your first weight loss was water, as it is normal, hence the difference in numbers now.

I agree - weighing once a week is a good idea, this way you will see a bigger difference without stressing out too much. As for your wife's results, well, we are all different so I wouldn't worry that much. Just stay on track, keep dieting the way you do and I am sure a week after you will see smaller digits on your scales.

Have a nice day and great weight loss!

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Thanks Amelia for your thoughtful reply and that does make sense.

Tomorrow will be my fifth injection and I emailed the doctor about my dosage. I told her the Ozempic website said to increase from .25 to .5 after the fourth injection…but it’s up to the doctors discretion. The doctor said because I still have no appetite at the ”starter dose” of .25 to stay on that. I told her the only side effect seems to be constipation. I checked my weight and I was stunned to have gained a little, but realized I haven’t had a bowel movement in a few days. I have always been as regular as the sun coming up, but the medicine seems to have a significant effect.

Having said that, I now understand from the Ozempic website, the dose of .25…“starter dose” isn’t even “therapeutic”???

Last edited:
J

Janet123

Dec 7, 2022
Hi guys…my first time posting and I my fourth dose Monday, two days ago and I can say that I also had an immediate appetite suppressant effect. Unfortunately, I feel really lousy the second day after each dose— almost like someone slightly motion sick. I’ve lost weight though this month— 5.2 pounds! I have the ap Happy Scale for my iPhone and it is really good about helping you to look at the trend and not the day to day changes. But I have found that a lot of drugs will be stated as not therapeutic at certain doses and that really is a statistically significant result— some people can be lucky!

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Sounds good Janet. Don’t remember for sure but think I just took my 3rd dose at .5 and the effect is considerably less than desired. Not sure why. Maybe the holidays, partys, and the rest. I do sample sweets that I NEVER would have even a month ago. The thought of eating something sweet use to be so unappetizing.

J

Janet123

Dec 7, 2022
I guess this explains the protocol to up the dose.. it likely quits working as well this requiring a higher dose as you go. I am a little scared to increase the dose to .5 after feeling the side effects at .25! Friend stayed on .25 for the second month instead of increasing because he gets headaches from it and feels lousy.

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
I’m still at .5 and seem to have caught a second wind, so to speak. My weight is once again falling off and have lost 29.7 pounds in less than 3 months, including 7 pounds since mid-December. Went to several Christmas parties with buffet style at most meant I didn’t have to eat anything if I wasn’t hungry and no one would notice.

For those suffering from constipation I have a new solution. Drink a liter of pedialyte or generic along with 3 senna. I had 4 bowel movements the next day. My constipation has actually gone away as of this week…no clue why.

I do get very mild nausea…say 1 on a scale 1-5 for a few minutes a couple times a day…but that’s it. I’ll take a few gulps from a fairlife 42g protein shake and it goes away immediately.

A

Amelia

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi @Skyking, :) thank you for your report, I hope you have had great holidays!

It's heartwarming to hear your weight loss came back) I think you did a great job and you have a strong will power💪 by eating moderately, I know I am not that strong)) Glad you also managed your nausea and constipation issues and thank you for the advice, it may help many I believe.

Keep up the good job!

R

Raellen

Jan 16, 2023
Thank you @Skyking for sharing with everyone. I tried Ozempic last spring and only used it for 3 weeks due to having constipation and sour stomach as a side affects. However I did lose 19 pounds during those 3 weeks.

I so want to get weight off of my body, no, I have to get this weight off of my body, so I plan to start Ozempic again. I’m currently waiting for my Pharmacy to get it in stock again.

S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Thank you @Skyking for sharing with everyone. I tried Ozempic last spring and only used it for 3 weeks due to having constipation and sour stomach as a side affects. However I did lose 19 pounds during those 3 weeks.

I so want to get weight off of my body, no, I have to get this weight off of my body, so I plan to start Ozempic again. I’m currently waiting for my Pharmacy to get it in stock again.
Hi @Raellen welcome to our forum! Always nice to see new people with their own experience :)
Let me just say wow! You lost quite an amount during those 3 weeks. Congrats! Too bad you had experienced side effects, but those are not rare ones I must admit. Actually, people here are sharing some tips on how to fight constipation so if nothing else besides GIT issues bothers you then I guess, it's not a bad idea to start Ozempic again. Wishing you luck this time too! Please share with us how you go.

E

Enjaem1

Feb 1, 2023
New York
I just began my journey on Saturday. My appetite is gone. I’m going to order some Fairlife protein drinks to get some nutrition into me. Is there a specific flavor which is the best one to try?

I’m still at .5 and seem to have caught a second wind, so to speak. My weight is once again falling off and have lost 29.7 pounds in less than 3 months, including 7 pounds since mid-December. Went to several Christmas parties with buffet style at most meant I didn’t have to eat anything if I wasn’t hungry and no one would notice.

For those suffering from constipation I have a new solution. Drink a liter of pedialyte or generic along with 3 senna. I had 4 bowel movements the next day. My constipation has actually gone away as of this week…no clue why.

I do get very mild nausea…say 1 on a scale 1-5 for a few minutes a couple times a day…but that’s it. I’ll take a few gulps from a fairlife 42g protein shake and it goes away immediately.

S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Absolutely…chocolate and vanilla. 42gram. that is like eating a nice size fillet. Unfortunately the wife is Italian so if I’m not hungry and just want a protein shake for lunch she gets upset and insist I eat. God bless her…

Reactions: Enjaem1
E

Enjaem1

Feb 1, 2023
New York
Perfect! Thank you. I’ll order some now. So get the 30 or 42gm? I’m having no cravings for pasta…which I love!! Grocery shopping today was a challenge, because there was nothing I wanted “bad”. Lol

S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Absolutely…chocolate and vanilla. 42gram. that is like eating a nice size fillet. Unfortunately the wife is Italian so if I’m not hungry and just want a protein shake for lunch she gets upset and insist I eat. God bless her…
Oh, so sweet so much love, you're lucky to have her! ;) Btw, she's not that wrong - we still need to chew some food for our good digestion etc. Sometimes people try to replace meals with protein shakes completely, well that's not good at all. But you are doing great obviously!

Reactions: Amelia
S

Skyking

Oct 9, 2022
Just get the 42g and call it a day. If I get the munchies at night, I’ll eat a handful of grapes. If I’m out of grapes, I’ll drink part of one of these shakes. Only 250 calories in the whole bottle. Just got home from A1c bloodwork. Follow up with the doc next Tuesday to see if I need to stay at the .5 dose. Constipation Issue comes and goes. I have to really stay on top of it.

Started at 240 early October and now down around 207 and still losing.

Reactions: Enjaem1