• 👋 Hey there! Want to buy Rybelsus (Oral Semaglutide) 3 mg, 7mg, or 14mg!? 💊💻🚚 Purchase it online now and get it delivered in just 14 days! 📦💨
  • 🥗 Want better results with Ozempic? Try our personalized meal plans for improved health and faster weight loss! Boost your treatment with balanced nutrition. 🌟🍽️ Check it out now at www.myhealthyweight.com.com! #MHW #Ozempic #HealthFirst #MealPlans

My ozempic journey

F

fabianpugliese

Feb 16, 2023
I have been fighting obesity since 1994. I only started Ozempic December 10th, 2022. Had I known then what I know now, I would have started it as soon as it came out.

This is a story of my ongoing journey with Ozempic and why I decided to take it. I am probably going to be all over the place with my story, so I apologize for that in advance.

I am 5 foot 10 and my heaviest was 290. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and I still have it. I never had it fully under control for a very long time. My A1c has bounced from a 6 to 13 and back and sometimes in between. At one time, I was on phendimetrazine, which brought my weight down to 240, but I couldn't afford it. My weight came back up. I had a one year contract with LA Fitness with a personal trainer. That cost me $300 a month and the weight went down, only to come back up. I tried too many diet programs to mention. I have been to too many gyms to mention. None of them have worked.

It was not them. I was me the whole time. No matter what I tried, I was always hungry. I was always fatigued because of my diabetes meds so that didn't help either.

I signed up for gastric bypass surgery, and I knew there was a waiting period. The program I am in wants to make sure I complete all their requirements before they make me eligible for the surgery and takes almost a year to complete. I was fine with that. I figured if I complete them, it meant that I really tried everything I could possibly do.

That's when I started doing research on Ozempic, Wegozy, and Mounjaro. I decided on Ozempic first. I don't know why. Maybe it was the jingle I kept hearing on TV, lol.

Research on Ozempic said thatt he average person could lose from 15% to 20% of their body weight. At 260 pounds, it would put me in between 221 and 208! Why not give it a try, right?

A friend of mine, who is not a diabetic, got the Ozempic pen two weeks before I got my prescription and so far, he has lost almost 29 pounds in 11 weeks. I hoped I was the same.

Sadly, that was not the case for me. Now you are thinking to yourself why I am posting this if Ozempic is not working for you.

It still is, in a sense.

I did a lot of research on weight loss. It's not just about exercise and diet, but it's also commitment. I lacked commitment. I was also always hungry. I said "was always hungry".

With a weight goal in mind, I put myself (again) on a 1500 calorie a day diet, but this time with Ozempic. On this diet and no excercise, I should lose almost 2 pounds a day. I chose no exercise only because if I did actual exercise, I should logically lose more.

I started Ozempic on 12/10/22 at 257.8 pounds. At first, my doctor suggested doing a .25 dose for four weeks to adapt to any side effects, then up the dose to .5 after that. At first, the Ozempic worked a little bit, but I wasn't losing as much weight as fast as my friend. I was going to listen to my doctor and be patient and wait.

In 9 weeks, I have a total of 16 pounds on Ozempic. I am on a 1500 calorie a day diet. This time, the diet is easy because I am not hungry in between meals. I also have cheat days, but I don't cheat the whole days. I mostly cheat on one of the meals. I also walk my three dogs 1.5 miles a day. At first I just walked. Now I wear a weight vest with 16 pounds of weight. The first time I had all 40 pounds on it and it wasn't easy, so I removed all but 16 pounds and that works for me so far. I think the vest also helps with the weight loss and it's the only exercise I do right now and it's better than no exercise at all and my dogs love the walks.

My plan is to get down to 230 by June and I think it's realistic. My overall goal is to get down to 200. I know that based on google charts, I should between 160 and 180 pounds based on my height and body frame, but I think that is if I am trying out for decathlon, which I am not. The more weight I lose, the less diabetes meds I take, I more Ozempic works to help suppress my appetite.

I hope that maybe my story will help you in your journey. I didn't give up on Ozempic just because my friend lost 29 pounds right away and I didn't. It still suppresses my appetite and that helps me a lot.

Oh yeah, no known side effects yet, but weight loss and NO HUNGER!

S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
I have been fighting obesity since 1994. I only started Ozempic December 10th, 2022. Had I known then what I know now, I would have started it as soon as it came out.

This is a story of my ongoing journey with Ozempic and why I decided to take it. I am probably going to be all over the place with my story, so I apologize for that in advance.

I am 5 foot 10 and my heaviest was 290. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and I still have it. I never had it fully under control for a very long time. My A1c has bounced from a 6 to 13 and back and sometimes in between. At one time, I was on phendimetrazine, which brought my weight down to 240, but I couldn't afford it. My weight came back up. I had a one year contract with LA Fitness with a personal trainer. That cost me $300 a month and the weight went down, only to come back up. I tried too many diet programs to mention. I have been to too many gyms to mention. None of them have worked.

It was not them. I was me the whole time. No matter what I tried, I was always hungry. I was always fatigued because of my diabetes meds so that didn't help either.

I signed up for gastric bypass surgery, and I knew there was a waiting period. The program I am in wants to make sure I complete all their requirements before they make me eligible for the surgery and takes almost a year to complete. I was fine with that. I figured if I complete them, it meant that I really tried everything I could possibly do.

That's when I started doing research on Ozempic, Wegozy, and Mounjaro. I decided on Ozempic first. I don't know why. Maybe it was the jingle I kept hearing on TV, lol.

Research on Ozempic said thatt he average person could lose from 15% to 20% of their body weight. At 260 pounds, it would put me in between 221 and 208! Why not give it a try, right?

A friend of mine, who is not a diabetic, got the Ozempic pen two weeks before I got my prescription and so far, he has lost almost 29 pounds in 11 weeks. I hoped I was the same.

Sadly, that was not the case for me. Now you are thinking to yourself why I am posting this if Ozempic is not working for you.

It still is, in a sense.

I did a lot of research on weight loss. It's not just about exercise and diet, but it's also commitment. I lacked commitment. I was also always hungry. I said "was always hungry".

With a weight goal in mind, I put myself (again) on a 1500 calorie a day diet, but this time with Ozempic. On this diet and no excercise, I should lose almost 2 pounds a day. I chose no exercise only because if I did actual exercise, I should logically lose more.

I started Ozempic on 12/10/22 at 257.8 pounds. At first, my doctor suggested doing a .25 dose for four weeks to adapt to any side effects, then up the dose to .5 after that. At first, the Ozempic worked a little bit, but I wasn't losing as much weight as fast as my friend. I was going to listen to my doctor and be patient and wait.

In 9 weeks, I have a total of 16 pounds on Ozempic. I am on a 1500 calorie a day diet. This time, the diet is easy because I am not hungry in between meals. I also have cheat days, but I don't cheat the whole days. I mostly cheat on one of the meals. I also walk my three dogs 1.5 miles a day. At first I just walked. Now I wear a weight vest with 16 pounds of weight. The first time I had all 40 pounds on it and it wasn't easy, so I removed all but 16 pounds and that works for me so far. I think the vest also helps with the weight loss and it's the only exercise I do right now and it's better than no exercise at all and my dogs love the walks.

My plan is to get down to 230 by June and I think it's realistic. My overall goal is to get down to 200. I know that based on google charts, I should between 160 and 180 pounds based on my height and body frame, but I think that is if I am trying out for decathlon, which I am not. The more weight I lose, the less diabetes meds I take, I more Ozempic works to help suppress my appetite.

I hope that maybe my story will help you in your journey. I didn't give up on Ozempic just because my friend lost 29 pounds right away and I didn't. It still suppresses my appetite and that helps me a lot.

Oh yeah, no known side effects yet, but weight loss and NO HUNGER!
Oh hi fabianpugliese, welcome to our cosy place! :)

Thank you for your story and your precious experience, let me just say that it is very motivating for many people who are in a similar situation to you. I am sure your story will help someone to take a serious step towards the change of their lifestyle. Especially given the fact that you kept going even when you didn't notice as much weight loss as you have expected. Oh, and you know what? I read stories when people complained about not having lost kilos BUT surprisingly they saw changes in their body measurements! It is still a result if you ask me. So instead of weigh-ins I suggest you measure your waist, hips, etc. I bet you'll see greater changes than on your scales.

And I am happy you don't have side effects, it makes your journey easier I believe. As for the hunger, which I know from my own experience - is a big deal, and the fact that Ozempic worked perfectly by eliminating it - WONDERFUL!! Congrats on your weight loss, dear.

Please if you feel the need, keep up posting your result and share with us so we could support you happily. If you wish, of course;)
Hugs from OzempForum Team