• 👋 Hey there! Want to buy Rybelsus (Oral Semaglutide) 3 mg, 7mg, or 14mg!? 💊💻🚚 Purchase it online now and get it delivered in just 14 days! 📦💨
  • 🥗 Want better results with Ozempic? Try our personalized meal plans for improved health and faster weight loss! Boost your treatment with balanced nutrition. 🌟🍽️ Check it out now at www.myhealthyweight.com.com! #MHW #Ozempic #HealthFirst #MealPlans

Just started my Ozempic journey

T

Timalee

Jan 17, 2023
Hi all- I am pre-diabetic, discussed w/ my NP and started Ozempic 6 days ago. I don't know my starting weight- I don't own a scale and I decline to know when weighed at the Dr. Office. I'm sure I'm 300+ Like many of you, I've dieted my whole life. Lost and gained 100+ pounds once but many times in little bits I'm sure. I gave up on dieting completely years ago now because when I read the research, I see no evidence that any diet (inc. bariatric surg) is sustainable. Until now... It looks to me like it may be sustainable as long as you stay on the meds. I am holding my breath to see how this med helps my weight. When I follow up w NP in a month, we'll see what the scale is doing. It's astounding to me that a .25mg starter dose- something the size of a drop of water, can have any effect on a body my size, let alone the effects I'm reading about. I have experienced no side effects at all. I didn't realize that my apetite would virtually disappear, but I see now, that is very common. It's super easy (for me) to make good choices with what I do eat and portions when you're not hungry. I've got a lot of different feels going on emotionally. It seems ridiculous to me that something so simple could bring such benefit to so many and yet, getting it is so difficult. Because I haven't experienced weight loss yet, I'm scared to talk about it to anyone. I don't want to be that dieter that says 'this time is going to be different'. Losing even a small amount of weight would have an immediate impact on quality of life for me in terms of how I feel and my mobility. I'm feeling hopeful. I would love to text chat/marco polo with another human who is starting with hundred/s to lose.

A

Amelia

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi Timalee 👋

Welcome to our friendly community! It's good to start with a minimal dose, super you don't have any side effects. I get your concerns about weight loss, but you know what? Even if you don't feel like you lost kilos, or if you don't see it dropped on the scales, there's another option. You may start measuring yourself like once a week or so. Because I've heard people actually having dropped centimetres not kilos at first. I know it sounds weird, but yes! Instead of scales, get yourself a measuring tape or both if you will. Hopefully, you'll see your waist decreased in a week or two! And yes - IT IS going to be different ;)
I wish you a healthy weight loss, please keep us updated on how you're doing!
Hugs!

X

XXXLTall

Feb 12, 2023
Kudos to you Timalee for not having any side effects. I had crazy side effects and had to reduce my dosage to 10 clicks of the pen (19 is the .25 normal dosage). I too, started my weight at 340 & started my OZ on January 4/23. I have seen somewhat of decrease in weight but the weight I have now is the same as it was pre-Christmas holidays without OZ. I do agree that my appetite has definitely decreased, but I’m wondering at what that is costing me - examples side effects, loss of nutrients, I don’t really know, but through my doctor, I’m sure we’ll figured it out. I‘m thinking my goal weight is 280, but according to BMI and other sites an ideal weight for me is 230. I’ll deal with that goal when I reach the 280 … skeptical though.

S

Summer

Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Kudos to you Timalee for not having any side effects. I had crazy side effects and had to reduce my dosage to 10 clicks of the pen (19 is the .25 normal dosage). I too, started my weight at 340 & started my OZ on January 4/23. I have seen somewhat of decrease in weight but the weight I have now is the same as it was pre-Christmas holidays without OZ. I do agree that my appetite has definitely decreased, but I’m wondering at what that is costing me - examples side effects, loss of nutrients, I don’t really know, but through my doctor, I’m sure we’ll figured it out. I‘m thinking my goal weight is 280, but according to BMI and other sites an ideal weight for me is 230. I’ll deal with that goal when I reach the 280 … skeptical though.
Hi dear, how are you these days? It's been a while since your posting. Any progress regarding weight loss?

I must admit that working closely with your doctor to figure out the best approach is a wise decision. Setting both a short-term goal of 280 and a longer-term goal of 230 shows your determination, and taking it step by step is a practical approach. I know from my own experience that I needed professional assistance with some questions. Some of us just need a little "push" and words of support to keep going along this difficult path. I hope you are doing just fine getting closer to your goals little by little. Remember we are here to help, if you need us :)

S

Star Child

Oct 5, 2023
Hi all- I am pre-diabetic, discussed w/ my NP and started Ozempic 6 days ago. I don't know my starting weight- I don't own a scale and I decline to know when weighed at the Dr. Office. I'm sure I'm 300+ Like many of you, I've dieted my whole life. Lost and gained 100+ pounds once but many times in little bits I'm sure. I gave up on dieting completely years ago now because when I read the research, I see no evidence that any diet (inc. bariatric surg) is sustainable. Until now... It looks to me like it may be sustainable as long as you stay on the meds. I am holding my breath to see how this med helps my weight. When I follow up w NP in a month, we'll see what the scale is doing. It's astounding to me that a .25mg starter dose- something the size of a drop of water, can have any effect on a body my size, let alone the effects I'm reading about. I have experienced no side effects at all. I didn't realize that my apetite would virtually disappear, but I see now, that is very common. It's super easy (for me) to make good choices with what I do eat and portions when you're not hungry. I've got a lot of different feels going on emotionally. It seems ridiculous to me that something so simple could bring such benefit to so many and yet, getting it is so difficult. Because I haven't experienced weight loss yet, I'm scared to talk about it to anyone. I don't want to be that dieter that says 'this time is going to be different'. Losing even a small amount of weight would have an immediate impact on quality of life for me in terms of how I feel and my mobility. I'm feeling hopeful. I would love to text chat/marco polo with another human who is starting with hundred/s to lose.
I’m with you on No scale lost 22 pounds and had no idea until I was weighed. The drug works I was thrilled.

Reactions: Amelia
D

Delta2

Oct 5, 2023
Hi, I just took my 2nd shot today (.25). Last week (1st time I took it), my appetite was reduced. Now today I was famished.
I haven't had any side effects yet. I wonder why I'm so hungry now.

A

Amelia

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I just took my 2nd shot today (.25). Last week (1st time I took it), my appetite was reduced. Now today I was famished.
I haven't had any side effects yet. I wonder why I'm so hungry now.
Hi @Delta2 how are you today? Has your hunger feeling diminished? Maybe you changed drastically your menu and the amount of calories is much different from the amount you used to consume with your first shot...